Rental Relief Program
The Alameda County Housing Secure Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ACHS-ERAP) will help income-eligible households pay rent and utilities, both for past due and future payments. The federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 provides funding to support the program. Here are some tips to keep in mind when applying for funding:
- Alameda County’s Emergency Rental Assistance program is set to begin taking applications on Wednesday, March 17 (today) and tenants and property owners throughout the County with the exception of Oakland and Fremont which are operating separate programs.
- The initial roll out of this program will focus on tenants making less than 30% of Area Median Income, property owners renting 5 or fewer units, and owners of county subsidized housing units.
- Both tenants and property owners will need to apply for property owners to receive payment directly from the County.
- During the initial roll out of this program, eligible and participating tenants and property owners will be eligible for full reimbursement (100%) from the County for unpaid rent.
- Property owners will need to provide supporting documentation to complete their application, including photo ID, W9, proof of tenancy, and proof of building ownership.